Thursday, October 7

Video Games

If ever there was a vice that I could 100% effectively, honestly, openly, admittely, or shallowy admit to - video games would be the vice. There is nothing in my life that would qualify as something that was bad for me or another besides video games. Yet, for me, the problems with VG are that pretty much everyone in my life accepts and promotes them. Perhaps this is something that I become more aware of as I grow into a man who is trying to mentally condition himself to pursue more worth practices.

My mind, however, does have a very convenient way of sheltering things that are like an orc lurking behind the bush. Meaning a man walking about a path notices a game animal slightly off to the side of this wooded path. In reality this animal is an orc lurking in the woods waiting to pounce upon you in an ugly manner. Have VG become just such an orc? Or be perhaps that VG are just an ordinary hobby, and me just in a strange mood.

What a sad mental state to be in. I may just be drifting backwards out of the loose orbit of reality. Sheltered amongst the many me's in my head. Once off the gently balance of orbit, I careen at the same steady temp into the liquid inferno of the nearest sun.

The idea is interesting to me anyway....